Sunday, September 23, 2012

Twitter for Others

It was interesting reading other people's views on what their Twitter feeds are like. No two Twitter feeds are ever going to be exactly the same, unless of course two people follow the exact same people on Twitter with no differences (and that would never happen unless it happened on purpose, which would be weird).

Of course, the big common mix is following friends from back home and following news sources. One interesting point though that Julia made was that even though we may follow a lot of variety, there are plenty of tweets that we don't really pay attention to. Yeah, there are some celebrities that sometimes I just don't care about at a certain moment, and a lot of articles that I get linked to I don't feel like reading. But at the same time without following those accounts at all I wouldn't see anything at all, and sometimes those articles are worth reading and knowing random updates about a celebrities life can be interesting.

I think it's all about the balance of Twitter - as someone else said (I can't remember who, sorry!) after following a certain amount of people, there's a point in which you have to decide: do you spend your life constantly checking up on Twitter, or do you just accept the fact that there are tweets that you will miss? I used to be the kind of a person where I would spend at least an hour a day going through all of the tweets that I had missed (long before I had a smartphone), but I just can't handle that anymore and so I accept that yes, there will be things on Twitter that I'll miss, but there are lots of good things on Twitter that I still see. Twitter is what you make of it.
--
Listening to: Live While We're Young by One Direction
Exams/Papers So Far: 1/2
Last Movie Watched: Cabin in the Woods

2 comments:

  1. good.

    I particularly like your "signature" updates at the end of each post. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll admit I borrowed the idea from other bloggers, but I think it's a fun way to track time and life.

      Delete