Sunday, September 9, 2012

I See What You Mean

While I have my own opinions on Facebook and Twitter, it is always interesting to get someone else's perspective and to see how other people use the same sites I do in different ways. There were certainly a lot of common opinions - using Facebook to share pictures and to talk to your friends, while using Twitter for the news. One point that I really liked was made by Julia, where she pointed out that Twitter prevents her from getting completely stuck in the campus bubble that I know I get trapped in when back on campus. With Facebook, it's entirely possible to just be trapped in a continuous loop of a college campus, while Twitter can bring you back into the real world.

I think all of us have a lot to learn about the worlds of Facebook and Twitter. Sure, everyone has different levels of experience with the sites, and some are way ahead of others, but it is definitely going to be a group learning experience throughout this semester. I know I'm very comfortable with using these sites for myself, but I'm definitely still hesitant for running a page for some larger organization. I've been slowly getting practice (though not with either Twitter or Facebook, but Tumblr) of running a page for an organization, and I know I can't wait to keep learning more about this emerging industry. 

1 comment:

  1. Well what do you know? twitter is the pin that pops the Lehigh bubble!

    ReplyDelete